Preparing Your Child to Take Gifted Tests
Schools offer a wide variety of programs to help maximize your child’s opportunity to grow. If you are considering enrolling your child in a gifted program here are some helpful tips to consider when preparing your child to take gifted tests.
- The week of the test, make sure they are getting plenty of sleep, and a good breakfast.
- Assure them that it isn’t a big deal and don’t make it an issue. Eliminate any stress for you and your child.
- Have your child wear comfortable clothing the day of the test.
- Reassure them that you will love them regardless.
- Reach out to other parents and establish a support group system.
- Expose your child to several experiences, such as theater, poetry, science labs, museums, or just talking about different cultures and how they live. Talk about the world. The more your child is exposed to the better off they will be.
Building Your Child’s Skills
In addition to providing your child, basic needs, preparation for gifted testing may require additional resources. I would suggest Gifted and Talented Math and English programs. These online activities teach your child learning one or two grades above their current grade. Here is an overview of Gifted and Talented Math and English programs online resource program can do for your child’s education.
Using Gifted and Talented is designed with your child in mind.
- The program is personalized to meet your child's individual needs
- Many of the programs are unique to the child based on the data entered
- Your child will have tutors that provide mastery instruction so they will accelerate quicker
- Throughout the entire time, your child will be receiving progress reports in real time. So you will immediately know what your child is doing and if they will be adequately prepared for the gifted and talented test
Finally, if your child is preparing for a certain academic accelerated program or you want to make sure they have that extra enrichment, then Gifted and Talented resources are perfect to take your child's education to the next level.
All the best,