How to Monitor Kids Text Messages
Technology has been one of the best things ever invented. We have access to anyone around the world. Social Media allows you to connect with old and new friends, as well as your favorite companies. Cell phones have come a long way since its first appearance. It went from just making calls to being an actual computer. Kids today love to text! Texting is the best way to get in touch with them. That is where we want to monitor safety. Because cell phones are a primary source of communication especially texting, it is more important now than ever to learn the best way on how to monitor kids text messages.
Tips to Monitor Kids Text Messages
- Make them aware that you can check anytime you want to. You pay the bills and are still their parent.
- Try doing random spot checks. At different times ask them to give you their phone and go through it.
- Make sure to check the deleted text messages, photos, and all apps.
- Look on the screens that require you to flip farther back.
- Keep track of social media activity by being friends with them on all social media and have access to their passwords.
To some, this may seem like an invasion of privacy. These decisions are not easy. However, I believe that as parents we have the right and should be aware of what our children are doing and who they are associating themselves with daily. Having this knowledge will make you more aware of what is going on in your child’s life. Although you may trust your child it is always in your child’s best interest to be aware of who they are interacting with on social media and text messages.
All the best,